Author: Christaller, J. G. (Johann Gottlieb), 1827-1895
Subject: Twi language; Fanti language; Names, Geographical; Names, Personal
Publisher: Basel : printed for the Evangelical Missionary Society
Digitizing sponsor: Google
Book from the collections of: Harvard University
Collection: americana

Book digitized by Google from the library of Harvard University and uploaded to the Internet Archive by user tpb.

"Sold by the Missions-Buchhandlung, Basel, Switzerland, by Trübner & Co. 57 & 59 Ludgate Hill, London, and in the Book Depository of the Basel Mission, Christiansborg, G.C., W.A."

"Tshi literature"--p. xv-xvi

Average Rating: 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: Zither - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - May 10, 2010
Subject: Perfectly Useful
First, I didn't come here to learn Ashante. But the appendices can be great for learning about the state of their areas back in 1881. On the other hand, I could pick up a rough hang of the language from this book, which is saying some when I know no related language.

How much it has changed in 130 years, or how accurate the author was by modern standards, I couldn't begin to guess, so, only four stars.

Selected metadata

Google-id: e6UTAAAAYAAJ
Identifier: adictionaryasan01chrigoog
Scanner: google